CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy what do I am missing

I trying to link array.h,.cpp: Linkedlist.h,.cpp with a Hastable.h, .cpp, in the main program
    useHashTables.cpp// what do I am missing

useHashTables.cpp.text+0x1cb): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::HashTable(int (*)(MyStruct const&), int)'
    useHashTables.cpp.text+0x1e6): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::HashTable(int (*)(MyStruct const&), int)'
    useHashTables.cpp.text+0x21d): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::insert(MyStruct const&)'
    useHashTables.cpp.text+0x249): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::insert(MyStruct const&)'
    useHashTables.cpp.text+0x279): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::retrieve(MyStruct&)'
    useHashTables.cpp.text+0x2e7): undefined reference to `HashTable<MyStruct>::retrieve(MyStruct&)'

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: what do I am missing

When using templates, the implementation must be in the header itself.

One way to do this is, instead of compiling Hashtable.cpp directly, just put

#include "Hashtable.cpp"
    at the end of Hashtable.h.

Red face Re: what do I am missing

Thanks that work.

by the way....

One question, I have a Phonebook class that open a texfile with all data and display it
    I want to call from this hash table.

can you give to me a idea for think clear what to take in considerations when develop the program?