CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Wink Rotating text box or command button

hello guys,

i have the same problem here . . . I want to make an application that can be rotated when the user clicks on some button . . . as a matter of fact its a windows mobile application . . . when it starts . . . it will have the portrait view which is the default view of the device, but when the user clicks on some button, the application or the form that represents the application - with any control drawn on this form - will rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise . . . i know that i can change the orientation of the whole device . . . but this is not an option . . . it is slow . . . any one has any idea . . . i will appreciate that

Re: Rotating text box or command button

I'd say this cannot be done with VB6 controls, sorry. They have no option to change their orientation.

Instead of using the standard button, why not use a Picture instead ¿
    By using a picture, you can add all necessary events to make it function like a button ( MouseDown, MouseUp etc. ).

Good idea. You can then rotate the pictures in the Image controls, although this will require either square images, or an adjustment of the Image control's height and width when rotating.
    Also, depending on the rotation, all the controls must be rearranged, or the screen arrangement is not maintained.