CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Virtual PC 2007 OS Images and their licenses

Hi guys, I'll be installing some trial software on VPC. This is the first time I am using Virtual PC. I'll be using my OEM OS as image. As using a OEM Windows, MS does not allow me to activate my OEM Windows, right? I need to use my OS image for a few months. Any way to overcome this limitation? I mean for me to use the OS image for a few months to evaluate the trial software.

I found these OS images used for testing IE application compatibility on the MS site.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Can I install my trial software on these OS images? Anyone knows?

Thanks!!

Re: Virtual PC 2007 OS Images and their licenses

You still have to activate the software if you expect it to work. The good thing is that you only activate one image one time. What OS are you testing?
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I have installed Windows 7 RC on my old P4 machine to learn more about the Windows 7 and its taskbar. I may be required to work on a Windows 7 certified app soon.

As for the Virtual PC, I was using it to install VS2010 beta. Too bad Virtual PC images are single core. I cannot use it to test VS2010 multi-threading features. But nevermind, there is still many things in the VS2010 for me to try out.

It was a busy weekend for me. I think it is also a busy weekend for other Windows Developers. dglienna, have you try out VS2010 beta?

Nope, I was waiting to flatten my laptop and put Windows 7 on it. I'm working with the Azure Platform, and looking to get Hyper-V going soon
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Nope, I was waiting to flatten my laptop and put Windows 7 on it. I'm working with the Azure Platform, and looking to get Hyper-V going soon
    That's what I love to hear most. Thank you for the useful information !!!!!
    -----