CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

The date of creation of a web page

Dear all,
    How can I figure out on which date certain page is created?
    If I try ->right click and Properties almost always I get the current date!
    Thanks

Re: The date of creation of a web page

There are two timestamp properties to every file, date created and date modified. Unfortunately, if you upload a new file to your web server, both of those will reset because you are copying over a new file, you aren't editing the old one.

If you have server logs, you could check to see when the first time that file was put live. If you don't, you're going to have to find the original file.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Re: The date of creation of a web page

And if you're looking for an information about some company web presence, etc. it would be a good idea to check when the domain name was registered using some service like: http://www.who.is In most cases it gives registration/creation/update dates and some extra info.
    Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!