CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: HTML and POST

HTML and POST

Alright, so I've been reading up and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've followed this tutorial for the most part: http://www.1your.com/drupal/LoginToWebsiteByHTTPPOST along with Java's own.

Anyway, I've successfully logged into 1your's test site but I cannot login to the website I am trying to get into, www.mdlandrec.net

Here is my current code: http://pastebin.com/m787def50
    It's mish-mash as currently I'm simply trying to grasp the concept.

The test site I am looking at seems to have javascript in it...however all the javascript seems to do is check the form.

I'd really appreciate any help and would like to know if automating login into this website is possible. My ultimate goal is to be able to type in my username/password and then search for an address's title record and have my program parse it.

My last resort is to use a Python script made by someone else to download all the information, then simply have my Java program parse the data...but I'd really like for this to be an all-in-one solution.

Thanks for the help,
    -Duo.Maxwell

Re: HTML and POST

Hi!

What happens when you run your code? Do you get an exception or is it just that nothing happens? If you do get an exception, could you post it and the stack?

Im not an expert, but ive just started working with URL and URLConnections myself

Re: HTML and POST

No exceptions, the server just spits the same page back out.

-Duo Maxwell