CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Localize a dynamically loaded dll

I have an application that utilizes a plugin architecture to load dlls.
    The main application i have localized using satellite assembly dlls. However when I load a dll in the plugin architecture its localized assembly isn't included. So I only have an english plugin even if there is a satellite assembly in the correct relative folder.

What do people think is the best way if me localizing the application to allow the main application and the plugins to be localized?

If there is a particular way to load at runtime the correct satellite assembly I could do this when the plugin is first loaded. I'd just need to know how!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Ben

Re: Localize a dynamically loaded dll

Think i have just found the problem and its not as horrible as i first thought.

The problem was that the application is looking for the plugin's satellite assemblies in the same de-DE/whatever folder as the base application, NOT in the folder relative to the plugin.
    So if i manually move the satellite dll into /APPROOT/de-DE/ for example it works!
    Excelent.

Now... does anyone know either of a way to force the application to load the satellite assembly from the relative folder to the plugin dll OR does anyone know a quick easy way to have VS2008 put those dlls in the correct folder instead of a new folder relative to the dll?

Thanks