CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem occured while registering a dll with Vista 32.

hi,

i am having a problem while registering a dll on vista 32....however the dll worked perfectly ok on windows XP...

the error msg i am getting is

" The module "C:\\copyhook.dll" failed to load.

Mahe sure the binary is stored at the apesified path or debug it to check for problem with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details. "

can anyone tell me what is the problem....is it with the vista or with the code.

thanx.

Re: Problem occured while registering a dll with Vista 32.

Did you install your application together with a manifest file? It looks like its missing, or the dependencies are not resolved correctly.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

yes i tried it ...but still getting an error....i have checked the dll ..it has all the information that the menifest file has...so i think its ok if i don't use the menifest file...

now after a little try...i found an ID confilct ..after resolving it ... i am not getting the above mentioned error msg ..nut now i am getting a new one...

the error msg says...

"The module "c:\\copyhook.dll" may not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."

how am i gonna know that if it is compatible or not...

( and let me tell u one thing...i have developed the dll on windows XP using visual studio 5..i checked the dll there it worked perfectly ok ..but when i tried to run the dll on vista32 then it gave me error..)

thanx for ur reply

First, why are you installing directly on driver C? And is your application built for 32 or 64 bits?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Path doesn't matter...its on C drive or any where on system ....and it is built for 32 bits