CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No code coloring here?

I wonder why one of the biggest forums for programmig does not support code coloring?
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know

Re: No code coloring here?

It does

You just have to set your Code Editor to Enhanced. Go to your Control Panel, go to Edit Options, then set your Message Editor Interface to Enhanced.

ok, this was lame, how could I not have found the full editor LoL, thx

but I still don't see code coloring for c#, c++, vb... etc. only CODE and PHP tags are there, mhmm

I mean something like this would be cool
    Last edited by memeloo; July 4th, 2009 at 05:21 AM.
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know

There is an add-in that supports code coloring, but kills the ability to copy and paste code from a post. Not the best solution, but it is something. I'll have it added to the forum.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

mhmm, could you show me a website where copy&paste does not work? I found this http://weblogs.asp.net/stevesheldon/...phy-block.aspx and the code-coloring here has no impact on copy&paste, at least I didn't notice anything strange. but I guess it would not work so well with line numbers, is this what you mean? I'm sure I've seen a page where line numbers were not copied.
    Last edited by memeloo; July 6th, 2009 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    There is an add-in that supports code coloring, but kills the ability to copy and paste code from a post. Not the best solution, but it is something. I'll have it added to the forum.

Brad!
    Please don't do things that can break the ability to copy/paste from the forum.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by memeloo View Post
    mhmm, could you show me a website where copy&paste does not work?
    We use a highlighting add-in on Internet.com's VBForums forum.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

do I have to register on VBForums to see colors and to test copy&paste? because I didn't see anything unusual.

do I have to register on VBForums to see colors and to test copy&paste? because I didn't see anything unusual.
    No. You just have to find a post that is using the highlight option.

without line numbers it would probably be ok
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=570329

No offense please ....

I don't like that editor over at vbforums at all. It does look funky, yes, but the problem comes in when someone wants to copy and paste the codes.

Say for example, there are 20 lines of code, once selected and copied and Pasted, it pastes all 20 lines one one looong line. So now, you have to manually edit the codes again, and everytime you encounter something like an IF block ( where VS automatically adds End If ), it becomes quite messy.

Just my opinion

I agree Hannes, but that is what I have right now....

I've asked Joe and one of our developers to look into the effort it would take to come up with something else. We had a code coloring feature here at one point that was hard coded into the system. I know our admin team is trying to avoid hard coded stuff, but still.....

Let me give them some time and see what they suggest.
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Code coloring is available with the enhanced editor. I used to post code this way all the time, but I quit using the enhanced editor because it's buggy.

Code:
    <UserControl x:Class="Facilitator.Controls.ScheduleControl"
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:f="clr-namespace:Facilitator"
    xmlns:uc="clr-namespace:Facilitator.Controls"
    xmlns:iuc="clr-namespace:Common.Controls;assembly=Iridyn.Common.Controls">

Last edited by Arjay; August 17th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

I wouldn't say it's code coloring, it's text coloring and you have to color "words" yourself, code coloring is being done automaticaly ;]

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

I wouldn't say it's code coloring, it's text coloring and you have to color "words" yourself, code coloring is being done automaticaly ;]
    I would. I take the colored code out of Visual Studio, paste it here. Manually add the code tags and it's stays in color. You don't actually expect to be able to type in code in different languages and expect this site to interpret and color code them for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast