Quote Originally Posted by hixidom View Post
I tried using the debugging tool on DevC++, but it didn't get me very far since I didn't really know what I was doing.
It is mandatory that you learn to use debuggers. What if the program were larger? You can't write all of this code, and not have the proper debugging tools to fix problems.

If any of us were to try to solve your problem, we would be using the debugger that comes with the compiler. No one, unless they are on the savant level, could just look at your code and tell you what the problem is without debugging it.
I still havn't implemented vectors, but only because I don't know anything about how to use them.
Every good C++ book has chapeters on usage of std::vector. At the very least, you could have replaced those char arrays with std::string.
I'm fairly satisfied with the program as is. I know that those of you who are much more experienced in programming would strongly disagree, but I feel as though the program is almost finished.
Here is where you can get into a problem -- the people that are experienced in C++ are used to helping programmers who have written programs that have good structure, form, and is maintainable, but has a few errors here and there. Asking us to look at your code as it stands now is equivalent to building a house without a proper foundation, and then asking an architect that wasn't involved in the initial house-building to design the roof. There is no way an architect can design a roof if they know that the foundation is faulty.

You made very little changes to what was pointed out before -- potential of buffer overruns, parameters that really don't do what you think they do like this:
Code:
void cleartemp(char temp[20]) //used to clear char array[20]
whether your files are binary (i.e. can contain embedded nulls and control characters) and other issues.
My main concern is the apparent limitation to image size, but I have no idea why this is occurring.
And we won't know either, unless you attach the actual file you are trying to process that isn't working.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie