How to make *.chm file
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: How to make *.chm file

How to make *.chm file

Hi All,

I'd like to make *.chm file to use as a help file. Pls share me how to make it.

Re: How to make *.chm file

Download Microsoft HTML Help workshop and go through the documentation n msdn. It is pretty easy to build CHM files and I am sure within days you will be an expert.

Hi All,

I could make chm help file successfully by using HTML Help Workshop. Thanks, Shuja Ali.

Here I get a problem in project publishing. I add my chm file used this statement :
    helpProvider1.HelpNamespace = System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + "project name Help.chm";
    I publish my project and install this setup but at that time, can't call help file by pressing F1. Where should I assign chm file path? (Help file well operates on running exe file under Debug folder.)

Pls share to me.

while you are preparing the setup of your application using installa shield there should be option for that - just check out.

Hi vcdebugger,

Quote Originally Posted by vcdebugger View Post
    while you are preparing the setup of your application using installa shield there should be option for that - just check out.
    Where could I find Installa Shield? It's in Visual Studio 2005? I don't know it. Pls share me more.

It does not come in Visual Studio . Its a seperate package all together, you need to purchase it or even some 1 month free trial version should be available.Just go to google and try searching for INSTALL SHIELD , you might get some links.