CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

call native c++ function or class

hi i would use and call native c++ function or class member present in a .h or .cpp file in the resource of a window form c++ clr project...
    i would that in form1.h file, after a button click i would call a function present in a .h file developed in native c++.
    it is possible?

Re: call native c++ function or class

Yes, this is possible. Native functions and classes are called from C++/CLI exactly like from C++. Include h-file with function prototype or class definition, and call them.

mmm but i include .cpp or .h file in file of main function and in form.h after a mouse click event i try to create a new class or call a function of cpp or h file and it give me an error...
    it tell not inizialized function

(1) Add the cpp to the project.
    (2) Add #include <header file> to the top of Form1.h

Then you can use the definitions in the header file in your class.

I still think you're trying to run before you can walk here. You are lacking a basic understanding of how C++ works - so should learn the fundamentals first before trying to write C++/CLI code.

At this rate you might learn C++/CLI before the next century... it really would be quicker if you bought a native C++ book and went through it. Or go through a native C++ online tutorial.

Darwen.
    www.pinvoker.com - PInvoker - the .NET PInvoke Interface Exporter for C++ Dlls.

It is also a good idea to post some code which is not compiled, with compiler error messages. Finally, it is all about code

ok i'll try to do this.
    i've studied c++ native code to develop win32 console application...now i'm studing cli language.
    i'm trying to integrate native cpp files with function and class yet developed for c++ native console application to window form project..
    later i'll post same code
    tnx to everyone