dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] crw32.exe crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

[RESOLVED] crw32.exe crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

I am using Crystal 10. I have a complex report which uses fields from 5 different linked tables. It took very long time to run the report, half way through I had to abort the report. Upon resuming to run the report, I encountered the crew32.exe error and could not open the report. I had tried to re-installed Crystal to no avail. The problem continues to appear when ever I attemp to open the report and other reports.

I dont believe the file is corrupted because another user within the same dept can open and execute the report.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Re: crw32.exe crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Did you uninstall, restart pc and then install ?

Re: crw32.exe crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I had been busy with reports and not been checking in this link. My issue is resolved. Here is how I resolved.
    When I re-installed Crystal, I did shut down PC and rebooted to no avail. Then I uninstalled Crystal completely and removed registry, then reinstall Crystal and rebooted PC several time all to no avail. The error return during reporting running. After I gave up trying, I stumpled on the resolution when I tried to open Excel. I got error 'out of memory' and something else I didnt pay much attention to other excel errors. Then I remembered that Crystal can export data to Excel. Perhaps during the export and aborting report, somehow the file/data corrupted Excel. Anyway, I dd 'Repair' Excel and that fixed the Crystal issue. I am able to run the big report and export data successfullu. I post this just in case if someone else may experience this error.

Thanks all.