dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Hashing, Graph, File Organization, and Memory Management

Hashing, Graph, File Organization, and Memory Management

Hello.

Can someone help me about some online reading resources about the topics i made as the title of this thread. I find it hard in determining which sites are very useful and complete in discussing the mentioned topics?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hashing, Graph, File Organization, and Memory Management

What do you plan making? The articles would be far different if you were making a game, windows application, or website.

That aside, for hashing just use the built in HashTable or Dictionary. Memory Management is handled by the .NET framework and won't be necessary if you're using C#. I mean there are still some things to worry about. You can't just forget about how much memory things take up. Generally speaking though, the term memory management refers to garbage collection, and this would be more applicable if you were developing a application in C++.

Uhm...I just want to have some references about the topics so I can study them for our class...

I'm a big fan of wikipedia honestly. It's not always 100% correct. But there is loads of useful information on that site. Anytime I try to find information about an algorithm or data structure or anything it always seems to be the first hit on google. I haven't been let down yet, always seems to help explain things for me.

http://tinyurl.com/oj4rh8

Similarly for the rest of the topics
    www.monotorrent.com For all your .NET bittorrent needs

NOTE: My code snippets are just snippets. They demonstrate an idea which can be adapted by you to solve your problem. They are not 100% complete and fully functional solutions equipped with error handling.