CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

how to hide CD/DVD drive icon from the whole computer?

hi all, i want to make a win32 application in VC++.NET, i just want that when i run my program.exe file then my program hide the CD/DVD drive icons from the whole computer like Explorer or any other application that use the common Windows 'Save', 'Save As', or 'Open' dialog boxes etc. Plz help me.

Regards,
    Rohan

Re: how to hide CD/DVD drive icon from the whole computer?

I googled your topic verbatim and the first result is a way to accomplish this through Windows settings without the need for an external app.

http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Hid...er_t15123.html

Quote Originally Posted by rohan_rohan View Post
    hi all, i want to make a win32 application in VC++.NET, i just want that when i run my program.exe file then my program hide the CD/DVD drive icons from the whole computer
    Why? Why do you want to write code that fools around with someone's computer system like this?

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

hi all, i want to make a win32 application in VC++.NET, i just want that when i run my program.exe file then my program hide the CD/DVD drive icons from the whole computer like Explorer or any other application that use the common Windows 'Save', 'Save As', or 'Open' dialog boxes etc. Plz help me.
    The most general suggestion is: Learn Windows programming hard, and after all those years passed you will understand the difference between being able to do something stupid and doing that something.
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; August 23rd, 2009 at 01:52 AM.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Quote Originally Posted by Benholio View Post
    I googled your topic verbatim and the first result is a way to accomplish this through Windows settings without the need for an external app.

http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Hid...er_t15123.html
    Been verbatim, you should see that Group Policy cannot be applied immediately "when i run my program.exe file"
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; August 23rd, 2009 at 01:53 AM.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Talking Re: how to hide CD/DVD drive icon from the whole computer?

if u don't know the answer of this simple question, then keep ur mouth shut. i asked coz vc++ does fall in my programming languages which i know very well.

thanks buddy, that trick i already knew, and that trick does not hide the any drive except a,b,c,d. and also i want immediate result. by the way thanks u replied. plz find the solution in vc++.

sir, i don't want to do it on anyone's computer, i want to do this practise on my own computer. It is not easy to "log in" in anyone's computer and run the program manually. so plz reply if u know the answer only.

if u don't know the answer of this simple question, then keep ur mouth shut.
    How nice. Is that just a friendly advice? Or a piece of your experience you are to share with the community?

And who says that the question is simple? Or it has only a single answer? Is it okay to disable the CD/DVD drive as a device? If yes, so you have your answer: enumerate and disable all CD/DVD devices in your system. Waw! It seems I know the answer. Unbelievable.

i asked coz vc++ does fall in my programming languages which i know very well.
    That's strange. I mean, nobody asked you why you want this in c++ or how well you know it. Sir.
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; August 24th, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
    Best regards,
    Igor

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

if u don't know the answer of this simple question, then keep ur mouth shut. i asked coz vc++ does fall in my programming languages which i know very well.
    I'd be more worried about my spelling than my programming if I were you.

This forum doesn't help people write malicious code. If you come in here with no posting history asking questions about how to write potentially unfriendly or damaging code, be prepared to explain yourself if you expect any help. Getting angry and writing like an 8 year old won't help your cause any.

[ Closed ]