CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Looking for C++ programmer.

Hey i'm looking a C++ programmer to create a very basic C++ program

It will be a series of basic requirements such as:

"The program should prompt the user to enter the number of students and subjects that have been marked."

I will be willing to pay via paypal for the program. Thanks.

Email me: adam_himself02@hotmail.com

Re: Looking for C++ programmer.

You're in the wrong place. Codeguru has a different section for code requests. Post your request here.

Oh ok cool thanks.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Skizmo View Post
    You're in the wrong place. Codeguru has a different section for code requests. Post your request here.
    I'm seeing this as a $10 to do my homework kind of project. Good luck with that one.

You asked for help with your homework here a few days ago. What didn't you understand? Honestly, if you have to resort to paying people to get your homework done perhaps this is not thr right field for you.

Let me clarify something. I am not doing a programming related course. I am persuing Mechanical Engineering, its just that the head tutor had to request specifically to get this unit of programming added onto the course, and everyone was completely against it, but he put his foot down and pretty much forced it onto us.

I appreciate that it's not ethical to get someone else to do their work for them but my backs against the wall and i can't wrap my head around it honestly, and i just need to get it down by someone who knows this stuff so i can hand it in so i can get back into the course this september.

The course is engineering with mechanics, heat transfer, pneumatics. This programming is completely irrelevant and i appreciate the help i got but at this point in time the last part of the assignment is more than basic and i struggled with the latter. I can't do this. Some people can, some people can't. There's only 4 people left in my class because of it.

Give me a break please. If i don't get this done i can't complete my course. If you don't want to help then thats fine. Ive been honest and im not gunna sugar coat it, im sure someone can do this task in their sleep.

thanks.
    Last edited by adam02; August 22nd, 2009 at 03:50 PM.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by adam02 View Post
    Completely agree, i have no idea why i have to do C++ programming in an Engineering course. no love?
    You could ask the same about having to take writing or chemistry courses as well - you just may find them useful. Of course, you'll get more out of any course if you do the work yourself.

Clarification above ^

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    You could ask the same about having to take writing or chemistry courses as well - you just may find them useful. Of course, you'll get more out of any course if you do the work yourself.
    I appreciate where you're coming from, but to be told by the admissions of your prospectus university that "this programming thing won't help you when you apply, were not interested" and yet be told by your tutor "if you don't complete this, you will not be allowed back for the 2nd term" and at the same time not be able to do it is completely mind numbing.

That's the reality. Of course the right thing is to be optimist and say "sure it might be useful in future" or "you might enjoy it". But this is the current reality, and time is short for me.

And just so no one gets the wrong idea, i absolutely love mathematics, physics and all things mechanical and i would never get anyone to do those for me, its just this C++ business that i need done.

Email sent.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

But this is the current reality, and time is short for me.
    If someone helps with this assignment, how are you going to be able to pass the exams? Are they take home exams?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    If someone helps with this assignment, how are you going to be able to pass the exams? Are they take home exams?
    Coursework, you are asked to do things you go home and do them, hand them in, they mark them and thats it, there are no examinations, just take home assignments. Its one part of a large piece that ive done so far.

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Understanding programming is simply a matter of being able to translate a task into a sequence of discreet, well-defined steps. Everything else is just syntax.

If you can lay out the sequence of steps you want a program to take, we can help you with the syntax part.

Let me clarify something. I am not doing a programming related course. I am persuing Mechanical Engineering, its just that the head tutor had to request specifically to get this unit of programming added onto the course, and everyone was completely against it, but he put his foot down and pretty much forced it onto us.
    Grin and bear it. Every single Mechanical/Aerospace Eng curriculum I can remember looking at required at least one programming course. In the AE program I was in, C++, FORTRAN and MATLAB were all required.