CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Login to verify

[Resolved] Login to verify

Hi!

Guys i need to verify the login details of the following website:

In my application i have two fields txtusername, txtpassword, when the user
    hit submit button, i have to check the login details true or not.

I tried with webbrowser control. But i need it wil done by background.

My Code:

Code:
    Public Class Form1
        Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted

WebBrowser1.Document.All("vb_login_username").SetAttribute("value", txtusername.Text)
            WebBrowser1.Document.All("vb_login_password").SetAttribute("value", txtpass.Text)
        End Sub

Private Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click
            If WebBrowser1.Document.Body.InnerText.Contains("Forgotten your password?") Then
                MsgBox("Incorrect password try again")
            End If

End Sub

End Class
    How to invoke a button click of login via my program and how to read the response! Please helpme out

Advance thanks
    Last edited by kpmsiva; August 30th, 2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Removing domain name [External link]

Re: Login to verify

What are you using this code for? Any specific reason why you want an autologin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuja Ali View Post
    What are you using this code for? Any specific reason why you want an autologin?
    First of al thanks for your reply...

We are giving the restriction to use this software. Only register member can use this software. For that i need this. Though i am not the admin, am super moderator. So i cant access directly database.

How to do?

It is a forum and I am sure they will have a login mechanism. Why do you want to override that? And I am sure only registered members would have access to the forum.

There are ways to do auto-login, but unless you come up with a good explanation of why this is required, people here would be hesitant to help.

Not to mention the domain name. That's ALMOST enough to get you banned, if you ask me.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuja Ali View Post
    It is a forum and I am sure they will have a login mechanism. Why do you want to override that? And I am sure only registered members would have access to the forum.

There are ways to do auto-login, but unless you come up with a good explanation of why this is required, people here would be hesitant to help.
    Its a standalone software, which help to download files from different hosts such as rapidshare, megaupolad and hotfile as a premium user. In first wizard forum username and password can be given by user and i have to check login detail correct or not, if correct proceed the download wizard else say error message. Thought i am not the admin, so i cant access db directly

Did u got my point now, why i need this!

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Not to mention the domain name. That's ALMOST enough to get you banned, if you ask me.
    Am Sorry! i didnt find rules abt it, According to my post count u can know i am new to this forum...
    I edited my post, and sure wont repeat this agian

Thanks

If I would have quoted it, you'd be gone.

Read this: http://www.webmediabrands.com/corpor...ivacy/aup.html

I doubt you'll get help with any private file sharing system...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

The topic was spammed! k guyz thanks i made it myself. Admin can lock the topic

Thanks