CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Alternative C++ Preprocessing

Hey there,

What I'm trying to do is make declaring objects for a script virtual machine transparent, and the system I had before was a combination of the C Preprocessor and CPP templates which created static objects that were then executed and added to the VM upon runtime -- that is needlessly inefficient though, and not terribly transparent.

What I -want- is to find a preprocessor that will parse my code, and when it finds a class/function/method/variable/member that has the pseudomodifier 'SCRIPT' behind it (#define SCRIPT) will add it to a source file so it can be included in the build later.

As far as I know, the C preprocessor could not possibly handle this, and I don't want to have to write a Python script to parse C++ simply to accomplish this task, so I was wondering if there were a simpler method by which to accomplish such...

Thank you!
    Mike

Re: Alternative C++ Preprocessing

Systems like that certainly exist. Qt for example has its own preprocessor called MOC (Meta-Object Compiler) which translates some custom Qt code into standard C++. I don't know though if there are any available that are really meant to be customizable for your own uses.