CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Article updates

Article updates

How come when I update an article, the old article shows up instead?

Most members won't bother reading the same article, or worse yet think that it is indeed the update and wonder what's so new about it. The first impression is kind of important to some.

Re: Article updates

An article update will not show on the site until it has been verified and approved. Susan usually does this quickly. When the update is approved and put onto the live site, it is listed on the main site with a new date and "Updated" added to it. If after you see it listed on the main site (or in the Codeguru newsletter) you still don't see your changes, email submit <a.t> this domain name.com and let us know. Susan will then refresh the cache on all the servers by hand to make sure the latest and greatest is displayed. (She does this when she posts an update, but sometimes things happen....

Does this answer your question and concern?

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Yes the problem is that it's not showing correctly after Susan's approval.

I don't understand where I'm supposed to email though.
    email submit <a.t> this domain name.com and let us know
    My suggestion for a solution is that Susan simply verify that it's showing correctly. No offense intended at all.

submit
    ---------
    @
    --------
    codeguru . com

Trying to avoid the spam bots. Sorry about the obfusication. Email addresses published publicly on this forum are like magnets to the spam bots due to the popularity of the site. If you still are unsure about he address, then PM CG Susan or PM me and I'll send you the address.

Susan should verify that they show correct. She actually is suppose to do a forced cache refresh for each of the servers individually. This is something we aren't suppose to have to do, but that we (Susan) does to be more sure that things are showing correctly. Sometimes, a server is missed or something happens. Should be rare.... If not, then it could be that Susan isn't doing everything.... As such, use the submit address to report issues and both Susan and I will know as that address goes to both of us.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Okay thanks, The CPUWiz PM'd me the link, which ofcourse opened the default mailbox. Which I don't use. lol

I did send a message to that address now.
    Shall it be in triplicate, and embossed in gold leaf?
    I'm just kiding. It was just a little odd, to send you a message here and there too. I probably should not have even created this thread.

She may have already been aware, but unable to do anything about it right now, until it clears itself.

Thank you guys,
    TT(n)

If you send a message to both CG Susan and me, then you (or others who have issues in the future and see this thread ) don't need to email. The benefit of the one email address is that it goes to both of us along with anyone we have serve as a backup for us if we are not here.

I've personally refreshed the cache on each server for each of the original pages in your article. It should all be up to date (Dec 22nd I believe).

My apologies for the issue to begin with.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC