CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to create my own player in net class libary

Hi guys,

I want to know how to make my own video player in the dll class library. The methods that I want to create is to make the size frame border, make the size of the video screen, control to improve the video quality, enable contextmenu anywhere, controls the video like play, pause, stop.....etc. Are there is possible to create my own video player in the dll class library??

I wish to use the flash player but I can't control them by make the size of the frame border, disabled the flash menu and replace with contextmenu, control to improve the video quality, apply to change the skins.....etc

If you know how to help me out with it then I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
    Mark

Re: How to create my own player in net class libary

If you could buy that exact program today (which you can't), it'd cost about $100?

The source code to a $100 program usually costs anywhere from 1000-10000 man hours! (How much do you make in 1000 hours -or- 6 months salary ?)

Would you give it to me for free? This is a forum, where people come for help, and help others.

As far as your post...

Creating a music player is easy. Controlling it is easy. Use Windows Media Player, and get the SDK from Microsoft.

Doing Flash is totally different. WMP doesn't do Flash, so you'd have to invent something. Then, nobody execpt Adobe knows how to do Flash, and they don't give it away (afik)

Probably over the head of any person on this forum...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Do you think if I should get flash for my project because flash reads the video faster than WMP??

And do you think if it possible to resize the flash player when I control them??

I hope that flash would be useful for my project. Can you guess if I can disabled all flash menu and I can use the context menu??

At least, is it possible to read the flash player in the class library when I store them??

I hope that I can start the work if you give me any good answers!

Thanks,
    Mark

I don't work for, or use Flash designer, so I would't know.

You could look into Silverlight, which is Microsoft. It does the same things
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Thanks for this, I will be thinking about switching to Silverlight if they are very simple to use that work the same way as flash. I was wondering if it possible to create the Silverlight plug-in in the class library and I also wonder if it possible to create my own control bar on the silverlight where click the play button, pause button, stop button...etc??

I also interesting to ask if Silverlight do support http protocol, udp, mms, rtmp and rtsp for live stream??

Thanks,
    Mark

Visit www.silverlight.net and find out!
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP

I have take a search and I couldn't be able to find silverlight streaming API sample file for vb 2005 express edition. Please can you help??

Thanks,
    Mark

Why use the old version? Upgrade to VS2008. VS2010 is right around the corner.

On that page, you can start looking at videos, or even visit www.codeplex.com which is another site connected to Microsoft
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP

Ok, I will upgrade to the new version. do you think if vb 2008 would be better to help the program load up quickly or that would be visual c#??

I would be thinking about changing over again by which one of them I should upgrade to, as long as silverlight and other products do support vb 2008 or c#.

Thanks,
    Mark

Haven't seen you do anything with C#, but there are plenty of Silverlight examples on that page, and they ALL work with VS2008 (including Express versions)
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP

I know that, but I am askin if C# is better than vs 2008 because I would switch over to C# if they are making the project running faster when I debug the project??

They both get compiled into the same .Net code. Use the one that you know best.
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP

Ok then thanks for the advise anyway. I will stick with vb.net as I don't want to waste my time going nowhere where both programming languages are compiled the same. I was wondering that if visual c++ does support silverlight??

If not then thanks anyway....

If it does, its way over your head. Even the most basic C++ code takes a lot of lines of code, written by the programmer
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP