CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Forumla fields available in other reports

First of all I am quite new Crystal Reports XI.

I created a formula field that compares on number from another to get a percentage.

Ideally I would to create a template that includes this formula so that each time I put in new data it will be calculated by the formula above, but unfortunately I haven't been able to do so (I can't export to mdb using Reports in Raiser's Edge), so the next solution I have is to open a new report (which includes the new data) and put in the formula field that I have created, but so far I am only able to access the formula I created from within the report that I created in.

Can anyone tell me how I can make this formula field accessible from any new report?

Thanks
    Bryce

Re: Forumla fields available in other reports

If you have both reports open in the same instance of Crystal you should be able to just place the formula on the report of the first report, cut it, and then paste it into the second report. If you don't want the formula showing on the report itself, just delete it now. The field will not show, but the formula will remain over with the other formulas.

Re: Forumla fields available in other reports

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much.