CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Forum Not Working

I have made posts to this forum and its not working. After I click the submit button my posts don't show up and I can't find them anywhere. It also says that my account has made 0 posts which is wrong.

What is happening to my posts?

Re: Forum Not Working

I made posts on the general board and they are not showing up, also I can't edit this post. Something is weird on this site.

Posts in the chit chat forum are not counted.

A person's initial post(s) are moderated and must be approved before going live. This is to help prevent spamming.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Posts in the chit chat forum are not counted.

A person's initial post(s) are moderated and must be approved before going live. This is to help prevent spamming.

Brad!
    You can limit the post numbers submitted during the day per one account/IPaddress with number image turned on also

Anyway, I think we are just worried about each other. We need to share information as this is a forum message of shared information. Right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk Baby View Post
    You can limit the post numbers submitted during the day per one account/IPaddress with number image turned on also

Anyway, I think we are just worried about each other. We need to share information as this is a forum message of shared information. Right ?
    I'm not sure how this adds to what was being asked. The initial moderated posts help prevent spam. The posts from real people still go live, they just require a moderator to approve them. This approval on this forum is usually pretty fast because we have very good moderators. In the mean time, lots of automated and other spam gets deleted before the members have to see it.

It is only with the first few posts, so once someone posts in the main forums a few times, then their posts are no longer moderated.

Brad
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC