CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Smile video edit in c++

Hello,

I'd appreciate your suggestions about this drafted application for video editing. It is just the first idea, it is (barely) working but can be improved a lot! Find the code attached below. The main goal is to play an avi, averlap an annotation/image and save the new avi.

Thank you very much for your help and comments :-)

http://pastebin.com/f76e663e6

Re: video edit in c++

Just some clarification...

The first issue I noticed is related to the size of the new edited avi saved, that is too big as compared to the original one. I assume that is due to some wrong settings in my code. But also anything else about performance and quality is welcome! :-)

A second question I would ask is about overlapping an image on the bitmaps of the api. In my code the avi is played and recaptured one bitmap at a time. I wonder whether you could directly overlap an image on the bitmaps without playing/recapturing.

Eventually a third point could be the use of better library than shlwapi.lib or different avi_utils...

Re: video edit in c++

[QUOTE=giulio8;1881689]Just some clarification...
    A second question I would ask is about overlapping an image on the bitmaps. In my code the avi is played and recaptured one bitmap at a time. I wonder whether you could directly overlap an image on the bitmaps without playing/recapturing.
    QUOTE]

Maybe I have understood, I can use:
    Graphics.FromImage(bitmap);
    graphic.DrawLine... etc.