CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Question Permission Denied in Windows Vista...

Hello, I'm fairly new to C++ and I finally have been able to get some programs going and they are working fine!

However, Im using the Eclipse IDE and MinGW..

When I go to build the program sometimes it will not let me saying that permission is denied and it cant save over the existing .exe program file.. So I try to delete it and just rebuild a new program and I cant delete it.

This usually only happens if I have actually ran the program outside of the IDE, but it happens without running it as well.

Any ideas as to how I can get around that?

Re: Permission Denied in Windows Vista...

I have found the error. It was that for some reason my program was still running. I went to processes in the Task Manager

and found my file MathTest1.exe was still running

Is there some code to add to my file to make sure that the executable completely stops at return 0?

Re: Permission Denied in Windows Vista...

Quote Originally Posted by Technerd_Shawn View Post
    I have found the error. It was that for some reason my program was still running. I went to processes in the Task Manager

and found my file MathTest1.exe was still running

Is there some code to add to my file to make sure that the executable completely stops at return 0?
    No. The fact that it was 'Still Running' in the background implies that it has either crashed, or gotten into an infinite looping state. If it terminated properly, it would not still be 'running in the background'.