I have a bunch of extension dlls that basically act as plugins, which may be added optionally.
We put them in a subfolder under our app; appmain/plugins/appspecific/blah.dll
In vc6, we used AfxLoadLibrary(plugins/appspecific/blah.dll) and it would load them fine.
With vc9 it is failing. It turns out that there is an issue with the dll dependency in these plugins. In vc6, they appear to have loaded with appmain as their "current" folder so they would be able to pick up the dlls in that folder. Now, however, with vc9, they seem to load from the plugins/appspecific folder!
As a test, if I put the plugin in the appmain folder, everything works fine. But it messes up a lot of configuration for people.