CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Game Design info.

Hello,

First i'm new over here and have a question, (found this forum on Google)

I was trying to find out what kinda code or software designers use to program platform games.
    After lots of Google,-work i found out that it's called C, C++, Visual Basic and a few other terms i do not understand. Those terms are like speaking Russian to me.

I'm a Graphic Designer and don't have any experience with programming other then html/css.
    But i was just asking myself and some friends how much would it take to let a company design a platform game.(PC/MAC) No 3D modeling or any moving graphical part in it. I was just thinking of a simulation game, pure code work..

I'm asking this because there is a group of people out there that is still playing a 5 or 6 years old game called EastSide Hockey Manager and we want a new game. (because it's isn't up to date anymore)
    SEGA and Sports Interactive doesn't wanna invest money into there old projects and have put it on hold for ever or till they feel the need to make a new one. (thats just a friendly way to say to your customers we don't wanna make a new game)

So if people know this game or have ever played a game in the same style like the (Football Manager series) what will it cost to let a game like that build by a professional company?
    How many people work on a project?
    And is programming all the same work?

Lets say how far would anybody come with 100.000 Dollars? (without licensing)

Thank you,

Re: Game Design info.

Here, we are hungry, we are poor but not much hungry yet enough to accept marriage prosals from Hansen patients' daughters

There are many out there that are much poorer , have to lead their lives in slums,

Re: Game Design info.

If you don't have experience, then search to gain some
    I do see some bits of experience in your talks, I DO see them!

Drop me some bombs if I am wrong about this!