CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Posting forum messages in C++?

Hey guys. I am currently wanting to create a program that can go to a website like a forum and then post a message for me..

This means that i should be able to:
    Fill in some forms (Like title, etc)
    Use the "Submit post" button.

I have made this post on some other forums, but no one answered, and I really need help as soon as possible.

What functions etc. should I look up to accomplish this?
    Could anyone provide some source code?

Some help / info would be so great!

~Maxyz

Re: Posting forum messages in C++?

That could be used very maliciously. I am not sure if that would be wise to use any ways since I see no reason not to use the forum's way.

loop up winsock and learn html.
    0100 0111 0110 1111 0110 0100 0010 0000 0110 1001 0111 0011 0010 0000 0110 0110 0110 1111 0111 0010
    0110 0101 0111 0110 0110 0101 0111 0010 0010 0001 0010 0001 0000 0000 0000 0000
    0000 0000 0000 0000

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Maxyz View Post
    I have made this post on some other forums, but no one answered, and I really need help as soon as possible.
    Why would you want to do this?

I've done something similar (not in c++ though) that would go to my cell phone carrier's website and send a text message to myself.
    I did this by sniffing the packets that my browser sent to the website and then mimicking it in my code.

You might want to start off by figuring out how your browser communicates with the website and vice versa.

I'm already familiar with HTML.

Why are you all asking what I'm using it for? I thought the general purpose here was to get help
    Anyways, It's for making something like a Multi-Forum poster, for posting the same posts on several forums.. So nothing malcious.
    Thanks for the help, will learn about Socks..

Anything else I should know?

Why are you all asking what I'm using it for? I thought the general purpose here was to get help
    Because such code can be used maliciously (even though that may not be your intent). We can't answer any questions that are in violation of the AUP.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

I'm already familiar with HTML.

Anyways, It's for making something like a Multi-Forum poster, for posting the same posts on several forums.. So nothing malcious.

You won't get help writing malicious code such as programs that post ads on every forum they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF View Post
    You won't get help writing malicious code such as programs that post ads on every forum they can find.
    And yet again, it never fails on CodeGuru. How many posts here have fit this same exact profile?

1) Little to no posting history here.
    2) Wants to do something that can easily be used for malicious purposes.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Don't forget the Shoes!

Viggy

Yes. Nobody likes spammers.
    Vlad - MS MVP [2007 - 2012] - www.FeinSoftware.com
    Convenience and productivity tools for Microsoft Visual Studio:
    FeinWindows - replacement windows manager for Visual Studio, and more...

Whoa, you guys are mean. I am just using some forums for the same thing, and I want to post to both easily. I thought the idea was interesting, and I just want to learn.

I didn't even think about the fact that it could be used maliciously. Now, could anyone actually help me?
    I thought this forum was about helping people who are in need, not being meanies to each other. :S

I didn't even think about the fact that it could be used maliciously. Now, could anyone actually help me?
    I thought this forum was about helping people who are in need, not being meanies to each other. :S
    I've explained in post #6 - Essentially the AUP prevents us from asking or answering questions about code that can be used maliciously.

When you joined the site, you agreed to the AUP, so you need to follow it like everyone else.

But... Almost ALL codes can be used maliciously somehow.
    That's a stupid rule! Even if it could be used for malicious purposes, I would still like to learn about it. I don't like when people hide information :/
    I will have to find other forums to ask for help in, then. But thanks for the answer!

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

That's a stupid rule! Even if it could be used for malicious purposes, I would still like to learn about it. I don't like when people hide information :/
    I will have to find other forums to ask for help in, then. But thanks for the answer!
    Bye.

I bet that any software you see that does what you requested is written by people who already know how to research the information they need independently. These programmers never ask on general programming forums on how to do these things, since they have studied the materials or know where the information on such material is found.

We get requests for "hiding a task from the task manager", "how to make sure a file doesn't get deleted by the user", basically, how to do something that runs contrary to what a user expects to happen on their system. We do not give any information on that, since this can lead to malicious activity (virus, trojans, etc.). Filling out a form and automatically submitting -- that sounds like a way to start spamming someone who may visit a website.

Ask about how to initialize an edit control, how to get the title of the window, how to set up an MDI app, how to parse a string, etc. Don't ask how to write an application to do something that sounds malicious. Do your own independent research if you really need to know these things.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Last edited by Paul McKenzie; October 24th, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast