Just installed windows 7 a few days ago and am having 2 issues at this point. Maybe someone can lend some insight here.

1: I am unable to access shared drives on other computers on my network from windows 7. I can see the pcs and the drive lists but when I select any of them the system prompts for userid and password [as expected] but the userid/password is always rejected. In the box that comes up it shows the user id as the windows7 pc/userid.

I can access the windows 7 pc from all of the other systems and I can access the other systems from this pc when I am running in XP or even in XP mode under windows 7.

2: I am having a problem getting the screen res to appear properly on my wide screen tv. Windows 7 tells me that the native res is 1280x1024 and wants to use that res on the montior. If I have it set as the primary display then that res will fill the screen but of course the image is distorted unless I switch the tv to 4:3 mode.

If I select 1280x768 then I get a black bar top and bottom even when the tv is in 16:9 format.

If the tv is not the primary display I get the black bar top and bottom even in 1280x1024 mode.

This is only an issue in windows 7. Windows 2000, XP, Vista all work properly.

I am running a 9600GT with the latest drivers and have tried Windows 7 x86 Ultimate as well as Windows 7 x64 Pro. both behave the same way on both of the issues above.

Any ideas?