CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

ADO Changes???????????? - code no longer works/compiles

have some old code that compiled using the following:

#import "c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msdao15.dll" no_namespaces

now it is providing the following erro:

c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\mschart\mschart\mschartdlg.h(28) : warning C4185: ignoring unknown #import attribute 'no_namespaces'
    c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\mschart\mschart\mschartdlg.h(28) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open type library file: 'c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msdao15.dll': No such file or directory

searched the web for poosible other approaches - found this:

#import "C:\Program files\Common Files\System\Ado\msado15.dll" rename_namespace("MSXML") rename("EOF", "ADOEOF")

it gags on the following:

c:\cds\classlibrary\accessdbmanager.h(31) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'CommandPtr'

appreciate any insight.

Re: ADO Changes???????????? - code no longer works/compiles

typo in the filename - sshould be msado - not msdao, however: now getting this:

c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\mschart\mschart\debug\msado15.tlh(2375) : error C2059: syntax error : '-'

which points to this code:

VARIANT_BOOL EOF;

in msado15.tlh

any help out there?

Re: ADO Changes???????????? - code no longer works/compiles

The typedefs for EOF conflict with some in the stdc++ libraries. If you use no_namespace, you have to rename that export to something else. Most commonly I've seen EndOfFile used:

Code:
    #import <C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll> no_namespace rename("EOF","EndOfFile")