Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other m
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other m

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other m

Hi,

I have this error in "CopyMemory".
    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

#region API
    [DllImport("Kernel32.dll", EntryPoint = "RtlMoveMemory")]
    private static extern void CopyMemory(IntPtr Destination, IntPtr Source, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)] uint Length);
    #endregion

IntPtr ipSource = m_bmdLogo.Scan0;
    IntPtr ipDest = (IntPtr)(pBuffer.ToInt32() + ((w * 3) * N));

CopyMemory(ipDest, ipSource, ((uint)m_bmdLogo.Stride));

please help regarding this issue

Thanks !
    dhemittal@gmail.com

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that oth

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish? I suspect that you can accomplish your task without having to P/Invoke anything.
    www.monotorrent.com For all your .NET bittorrent needs

NOTE: My code snippets are just snippets. They demonstrate an idea which can be adapted by you to solve your problem. They are not 100% complete and fully functional solutions equipped with error handling.

Re: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that oth

Code:
     [DllImport("Kernel32.dll", EntryPoint = "RtlMoveMemory")]
    private static extern void CopyMemory(IntPtr Destination, IntPtr Source, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)] uint Length);
    Here entry point should be the same name as the native function you are calling is n't it ??

also have you allocated memory for the destination pointer beforing passing it ??

The whole point of 'EntryPoint' is so you can name the C# method whatever you want and still get the correct native function.
    www.monotorrent.com For all your .NET bittorrent needs

NOTE: My code snippets are just snippets. They demonstrate an idea which can be adapted by you to solve your problem. They are not 100% complete and fully functional solutions equipped with error handling.