CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Size of project uploads

Due to a size limit of 500K its getting difficult to upload a demo executable for my project. anyone else have a similar problem?

I mean 500K zipped (1.2mb unzipped) is pretty huge, and yes, it's not a sample, it's an entire application so I'm flying a bit high there.. But 500K is a bit old fashioned as limits go surely?

Re: Size of project uploads

That can be probably be adjusted, if there is a genuine need. PM a moderator.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

You can always send me the preview link of your article and the file to attach to it. I can get around the limit. In the mean time, the 500k limit prevents people uploading project files with lots of junk in them.

If there is a different limit that people think makes more sense, I can have the system adjusted. In truth, I only get a few requests a year to upload larger files.

Brad!
    webmaster@ this domain
    (or submit@ this domain to send article stuff)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for the quick response guys. Yes, the limit is where it should be, I just looked at other web-products upload default limits and 500K pretty much matches with common sense. :-)
    I'm not a regular visitor anymore since I moved to embedded platforms, and got a bit lost there.

I'll definitely PM a friendly moderator if I get stuck again , just Keep up the good work guys.