CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

xp defragment problem

after i cleaned my system from 50 gb to 15gb, the defragmenter failed. it gives me the error msg "... connection lost.... restart.....". i can still defragment the other drive. i think that the defragmenter has no problem and my c drive has problems. so i performed virus scan using norton and adaware. it did not show any problems. i also use sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r and no problem at all. it's obvious that drive c has "problelm", but ms utilities show no problem. confused? any suggestions to fix the problem?

during checking, i was asked to inserted cd, saying "files need to be copied to dll cache..." and i inserted it and need to click twice to continue. some time later, it asked me insert cd again though i was already inserted. i clicked twice to continue. it repeated several times. during checking, i didn't see error msg like " file corrupted. .." and when finished, not even a msg displayed. the check box just gone.

thanks in advace
    Last edited by lindawqu; November 6th, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Re: xp defragment problem

get rid of Norton, and try again.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: xp defragment problem

thanks for your time.

i tried, but still could not fix the problem. i tried to third party software, auslogics and it works perfectly.