CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Scrolling to textbox bottom without focus ?

Side by side is the preferred method. I have VS08 and VB6 installed, and VHD of VS2010
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Not even due until Feb, 2010, I think. Just hit Beta 2
    Further on, I think it's round about end of March, AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by WoF View Post
    You think I should drop my new VS2008 for the 2010 beta version? I don't know.
    No. Why ¿ I still use VS 2003 and 2005, alongwith 2008. It actually gives you greater perspective about the .NET Framework when starting early with it. I guess I was just fortunate / lucky. I honestly don't see any harm in going on with 2008. The reason why I say so is that it is very very powerful, and the real chances of you ( or most VB.NET 'ers ) being forced into 2010 is slim, as you should just flow into it. That's my opinion of course

Here's to you, too.
    As long as I can get it to run in Windows 7 I shall be save for the next years, I expect.
    Although it seems not too impossible to completely migrate to VB.NET within 8 or 12 Months (as I'm doing that all alone), I'd rather avoid this. Automatic migration would surely fail, so I'd have to rewrite it piece by piece.

The problem is, within this time I guess VB2008 is outdated again and Windows FlyFly is coming on strong, get the Beta to test it, old API functions no longer supported .Net Framework 7.0 guides you through everything and even programmers can not anymore do what they want. And then it's time to retire.
    Correction, sorry WoF, forgive me
    It is PopFly and not FlyFly
    There is not .NET Framework 7.0 yet, 2010 is only .NET Framework 4.0.
    I can Just imagine how powerful .NET Framework 7 would be in 2015, or whenever it will launch

Quote Originally Posted by xeross View Post
    Ye that's the only problem, microsoft discontinuing the functioning of vb6 apps. I just love C++ because it's multi-platform and it's more advanced then vb6, just need to get the hang of all the complicated OOP stuff etc in C++
    Yes, but VB6 applications are still supported in Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by vb5prgrmr View Post
    For me, vb was my first language and my first love because of its rad environment. Then the shocking reality of C was the following semister and even though I know several other languages, I still use these various forums to keep my slowly dying love alive in my mind and don't bother with the rest...
    It still is my favourite of favourites. VB6, for me, won't die

@Hannes: Wow, there is actually the name PopFly coming up?
    I didn't know that, really. Windows FlyFly and .NET 7.0 were just some fancy names I thought up, out of thin air, to illustrate fancy future products. It wasn't meant serious. :-)

I didn't know that, really. Windows FlyFly and .NET 7.0 were just some fancy names I thought up, out of thin air, to illustrate fancy future products. It wasn't meant serious. :-)
    HAHA! From now on I will call you Nostradamus, sir!

What a funny coincident!

Here is some info on Microsoft PopFly :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Popfly

Very funky stuff!

Really, I never heared about that. I fancied Windows FlyFly to be the next funny sounding version after Windows 7, and that .Net was up to then coming to a 7.0 version. :-)
    Just some joke.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123