CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

MSI Setup Build problem

I have a problem when building a setup project. I use VS 2008 for the project, but every time it reaches the building of the msi file:

Code:
    Building file 'C:\....\Setup.msi'...
    A window pops up that asks for the installation source of VS 2003.

I have both VS 2003 and VS 2008 installed on the computer, with all options. The install source is not accessible (I'm just a normal user on a local network, and the source is located in some restricted server).

After clicking "Cancel" a few times, that message would go away and the rest of the set up package is processed normally, without any error. But this happens every time I build the project, so I need to find a way to get rid of that message.

Re: MSI Setup Build problem

Do you have references in the project to anything from VS 2005? Does this question has anything to do with Visual C++?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: MSI Setup Build problem

No, I don't have any reference to other version of VS. Actually it has nothing to do with programming, but I thought someone on the forum might know about this problem, especially with Microsoft VS.