Algorithm for a car race using BFS
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Algorithm for a car race using BFS

Lightbulb Algorithm for a car race using BFS

Ok, so here's the problem I am having. Say I have a boolean maze, where ofcourse T are the place I can traverse on and F are the areas I cannot. The goal is to find the shortest parth from 0,0 to other corner i.e. m,n corner. Well that's just the first part of it. The other problem in the mix is the car can jump between the cells and even obstacles, also the speed can be 1+ more than its previous speed. The real goal is to find a path with the shortest amount of traversed cells with jumps.

Thinking about the problem, I can understand I can do a BFS search, but how exactly do I do a BFS search taking the shortest path with the jumps in it?

Re: Algorithm for a car race using BFS

What do you mean with BFS search?
    Breath First Search is an algorithm to traverse a tree. So, you'll first have to define what your tree will look like. What is the information contained in each node and what are the children of each node?
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky