CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem retrieving specific data from a web site

Hi,

I've just started my third year at university following a foundation degree, in which I was taught java for 2 years, then I got to university and was told we were doing C#. So I'm pretty limited with my knowledge on C#.

Basically I decided for my project topic that I would create a windows mobile 6 app, about football.

Problem I've got is that I need to know how to target and retrieve a specific bit of data from a website. I need to be able to make it so that upon form load, it goes off to a website (http://mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures/Premier-League-Table) and brings back just the information from the table.

If anyone knows how to get around this problem please could you help me out, Thanks.

I then have the problem of figuring out how to display it in my project, but I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it .

Thank you,

Simon.

Re: Problem retrieving specific data from a web site

What have you done so far ¿

Re: Problem retrieving specific data from a web site

You can't really (in this case at least) retrieve just a snipped of HTML code from the server.

What I would do is to download the whole page into a string and figure out the best way to parse the HTML for whatever data you wish to use.