CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

code HEX into XML

Hi,

I have some data in HEX format that I need coded into XML.

It is from an ECU off a car engine and would allow the person that supplied it to me to make performance changes to my car.

I have some data that has already been converted, so I know what the end result should look like, but not to sure where to go from there.

I am not too sure about XML, never really done much with it before, but if someone has spare time and would like to help me out it would be much appreciated.

If you know how to do it and it wont take much time that would be great, otherwise some info on where to start would also get me going....

Also if you are interested, they would be testing the performance on a DYNO to test the result.

Thanx for any help offered.

Re: code HEX into XML

I really do not understand what you're asking.

You must have/create an XML document to use in a specific layout.
    Then you must have some data to enter into those nodes (your HEX data?).
    You must then have/create an application which does this for you.

But I can't give any specifics because your question doesn't really seem to make sense to me.

Thanx for your reply.

I have included 2 files.

One (.rar) has a HEX and an xml file in it. This one has already been converted from HEX to XML and is provided as an example.

The other (.zip) is just a plain hex file that needs to be converted to xml same as the xml file in the rar.

Not sure what other info needs to be provided to let you know what I need to do, but if there is anyway to get the HEX file converted in the same way as the other file, I would really like to know how.

Again, thanx for your reply and any other info would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Still no one has any idea about this?

More likely no one has any idea *** I am talking about, lol.

Anyways, still waiting on someone from somewhere to at least point me in the right direction.

anyone?

Still need this done if anyone has any idea......