CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Html and Aspx in C# Form

I want to take some exchange rate informations from some web pages. There are the exchange rate in these pages.
    For example;

http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/kurlar/today.html
    (I want to take from first character to the last of some lines in the page)

http://themoneyconverter.com/TRY/PLN.aspx

(I want to take from a character to other one of some lines in the page.)

And then I will save them in datagrid.

How can I do this?

Thanks for your helping.

Best regards.

Re: Html and Aspx in C# Form

i would get the <pre>'s content and write a regular expression for the lines with exchange rates.
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know

the first website is easy to parse. the second one i guess too, but you have to look at the source code and extract the part that you need.
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know

ok,so how is the first website's parse code.Maybe, i should to find another link for the second website.

i think my first question should have been whether you know regular expressions?

I could'n so much what do you mean? please explain it more Thanks.

i don't know ,if you say html source expressions.

By regular expressions I think he means the Regex class.

It can be used to parse specific data out of a string, for example the HTML source code for those pages you are interested in.

Unfortunately, I find the regex pattern syntax very confusing so I cannot help you there.

you mean this:
    USD/TRY 1 ABD DOLARI 1.5012 1.5084 1.5001 1.5107
    and this:
    Conversion Rate (Buy/Sell):
    PLN/TRY = 1.90326

??
    which column from the first website?

what do you need exacly? only the number? i guess you've got the rest of the programm already, like downloading the content of the webpage etc.?

I mean this,from the first website

USD/TRY 1 ABD DOLARI 1.5031 1.5103 1.5020 1.5126
    AUD/TRY 1 AVUSTRALYA DOLARI 1.3608 1.3697 1.3545 1.3779
    DKK/TRY 1 DANİMARKA KRONU 0.29374 0.29519 0.29353 0.29587
    EUR/TRY 1 EURO 2.1864 2.1969 2.1849 2.2002
    GBP/TRY 1 İNGİLİZ STERLİNİ 2.4402 2.4530 2.4385 2.4567

and from the second website

PLN/TRY = 1.90109

Thanks.