Can Crystal Reports be used to produce these reports..
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Can Crystal Reports be used to produce these reports..

Can Crystal Reports be used to produce these reports..

Hello everyone, we currently produce 700+ individual reports for schools that are distributed at certain points in the year (when data becomes available). We currently store all data in MS Access and then design templates in Excel and use VBA to cycle through a list of schools and for each one go through a number of sheets updating queries to the Access data - finally the report is produced as a pdf (from the Excel template) before going back to the loop and onto the next school in the list.

This all works fine but we are getting asked to change data indicators and add reports all the time, also we wouldn't mind at some point looking towards a more web based reporting system - that schools could log into rather than just being given pdfs and I wonder if crystal might be a better system to do all this.

My question is, I know nothing about crystal but will it allow us to easily create reports that are made up of a number of pages showing different data about each school and then to easily set these running to produce an individual pdf for all schools (700+ pdfs)?

As an example of some of the reports in the pdf currently that we would need to be able to do in crystal please see the attached documents.

Many thanks for any help

Katey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Can Crystal Reports be used to produce these reports..

Crystal is a very powerful reporting tool, and you should be able to create these reports there with little to no issue. I would suggest a course or two first, just because you are starting with no Crystal experience, but need to create more complex reports.