CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Making a copy of the main report to a subreport

Hello Everyone

I'm new at the crystal report XI thing, and i want to do the following, i have developed a program for my company that handles "Purchase Order", so basically when they do this on manually the purchase order paper has like a carbon copy so what ever the persons rights in the original paper there is a blue copy in the back.

So i was able to make the normal report that handles the "Purchase Order" but it only makes 1 copy and leaves half of the letter size page empty, so what i want to do is to make like a mirror copy of the main report in the same page.

I attached the original report to this thread the file name is "Report.pdf"

I tried to do it with a subreport and link everything in the footer but if there is more than 1 detail, the subreport in the footer will only show the last detail(I attached an example of what happens, the file name is "Report With Subreport.pdf")

So can please anybody help me with this issue

Basically this is what i need:

-------------------------------
    Original
    Report Header
    Page Header
    Details
    Report Footer
    Page Footer
    Copy
    Report Header
    Page Header
    Details
    Report Footer
    Page Footer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Making a copy of the main report to a subreport

btw thanks in advance, it doesn't let me edit my post.

Re: Making a copy of the main report to a subreport

You actually almost had the answer. What you need to do is create a new "main report" and then place what you are currently calling the main report as a subreport twice in the new main report. You'll want to put each subreport into a details section, and you'll want to request the parameters in the new main report and pass those to the subreports. I have done this for a couple of our "carbon copy" reports and it works wonderfully. The biggest advantage to this setup is if you need to make changes to the report, you make it in the saved subreport, delete the copy and then place it back in and the changes are there. Hope that helps and that I explained myself clear enough. If not, please let me know and I'll post an example report tomorrow for you to follow.