January 25th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Windows SDK: What is an owned window?
Q: What is an owned window?
A: An owned window is a top-level window that has an owner.
It has the following properties:
- being a top-level window, it can be displayed anywhere in the screen;
- it stays always in the front of its owner window;
- it is hidded when its owner is hidden or minimized;
- it is destroyed when its owner is being destroyed;
- An owned window is created by passing the owner window handle as hWndParent parameter in CreateWindow(Ex) function call.
- WS_CHILD style must not be set, otherwise results a child and not an owned top-level window.
// create an owned top-level window
HWND hWnd = CreateWindow(szWindowClass, szTitle,
WS_OVERLAPPED, // WS_CHILD style is not set
CW_USEDEFAULT, 0, CW_USEDEFAULT, 0,
hWndParent, // handle to the OWNER window
NULL, hInstance, NULL);
Last edited by ovidiucucu; January 25th, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.