CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

contextManuStrip color

Hi

I create a context menu strip. I add a couple of menu items. I then associate images with these items.

In visual studio the color of the control looks correct. But when I execute my application the color of the control where the icons are housed changes to a blue color. I would like the colors to be the same color scheme as in the VS environment.

I've changed the context menu strip render mode to 'System', 'Professional', and 'ManageRenderMode'. All to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: contextManuStrip color

How about some code and a screenshot of the problem. We are not psychic debuggers

Code...yes...

I've obviously not explained the problem very well.

I haven't written one line of code. It is all generated when you create controls withing Visual Studio. I guess I could create the controls then post the code that was auto-generated by visual studio. Not sure that is going to tell you much other than how Visual Studio generates code with you create a control, such as my context menu strip.

The easiest way to see my problem, I guess, is to bring up Visual Studio. Right click anywhere. See the color scheme of the context menu?

If you then create a context menu strip (drag it over from the toolbox) and add a menu item with an associated image, you'll see that your newly created context menu strip looks nothing like the context menu in the Visual Studio environment (in terms of the color scheme).

Talking Re: contextManuStrip color

Thats quite a challenge. Screen capture a context menu!

Quote Originally Posted by hj_simpson View Post
    Thats quite a challenge. Screen capture a context menu!
    Yeah, it is

I had to do it all the time when I worked in QA, you have to be quick with the printscreen button, takes a few tries sometimes.