dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Execute javascript in c# webbrowser

Question Execute javascript in c# webbrowser

Is it possible to run a javascript command through a c# web browser?
    Similarly to what most internet browsers can do, for example, like if I wanted to go to google.com then execute the code javascript:alert('testing') whilst on that page for an alert box to appear, how would I put the javascript into the c# program so that it runs when a button is pressed?

Re: Execute javascript in c# webbrowser

Hi,

Have a look at this link ClientScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock. You can use the 'Attributes' collection of the button control to add handler for the 'onclick' client-side event.

when I try to use the code
    Code:
    if (!ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("mytest"))
                    ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(typeof(Page), "myrest", "<script>alert('Hello');</script>");
    I get the errors:
    Code:
    Error	2	The name 'ClientScript' does not exist in the current context	C:\Users\x\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WindowsFormsApplication4\WindowsFormsApplication4\Form1.cs	27	18	WindowsFormsApplication4

Error	4	The type or namespace name 'Page' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\x\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WindowsFormsApplication4\WindowsFormsApplication4\Form1.cs	29	63	WindowsFormsApplication4
    What is the assembly reference? I thought it would be using System.IO or using System.Net but neither of those worked.

Visual studio can resolve namespaces for you. Right click on the Type that needs to be resolved, go to Resolve and add the namespace automatically, or explicitly.

Edit: Also, the link you were given is to MSDN. MSDN gives you the namespace of any Type. The namespace you need is on the page you were given a link to.
    Last edited by mariocatch; February 1st, 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Read MSDN.