CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hiding form, no longer compares webcam previews

Okay, so I got this slick little app running that compares webcam previews (I use some webcam dll i found that basically fills out a picture box with the preview then an algorithm I have peeks at that .Image of those picture box to compare images from different frames).

I also have it where when I minimize the app it hides out in the sys tray. I dont tell it to suspend any processing when I do but as far as I can tell the picture boxes probably do not get updated. I cannot figure out if this is cause of the webcam code or just a side effect of calling a Hide(); on the form. When they double click the sys try icon i call a Show();

So I understand this is sorta vague without knowing the webcam library I am using (I think I found it here)...WPF something or other? It works nice just stops doing its thing when its minimized(doesn't loose connection to the camera though, it is still on when the form is hidden).

SO i would LOVE for the comparing of frames to still happen while its minimized in the system tray...any ideas where I should begin to investigate?

Thanks,
    Shane

Re: Hiding form, no longer compares webcam previews

aahhh ignore this. I got it to work, it was working its just the MessageBox.show() was some how getting lost while the form was hidden...but the internals were working just fine. ty