CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Resolved less than perfect higher than low

I am sad as some friends told me that "I won't be actually smart if I take off my glasses"
    I paid a lot of $$$ to buy me this pair
    hi,,,

Re: less than perfect higher than low

If you want to learn to find the truth, then it is one truth
    It is like if you are a colored man then coating with foamy white soap won't ever make you any any different, But because you and I are human, the same, we can put on uniforms to yay that we are in one group ""

Nice I can trace it back easily to see how dumb I am to wear a eyeglasses with some scratches
    My lens brand is Rosie, and
    my frame brand is _Standford_ , but the middle joint seems corrected and clealry mishaped.
    hi,,,

My brother thinks I'm foolish because I don't go for LASIK eye surgery, like him. Doesn't have to wear glasses or contacts any more. Of course, the odds are not that great up front. 50% chance of blindness (in your GOOD EYE), I think...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

David, I had Lasik in 2000, left eye 20/15, right eye 20/20. Now it's more like 20/20 and 20/25.

Before the procedure, I was more like 20/800 in each eye (about 7-3/4 diopter in each eye).

I was told that I could read and use a computer after about 3 days, but for me took about 3 or 4 weeks to be able to work up to sitting at a computer for 8 or more hours. I think it depends on how bad your eyes are to begin with (and mine were pretty bad), so I guess my recovery took longer than average.

Lasik definitely worked for me, but everyone isn't a good candidate and everyone needs to make up their own mind.

[Edit] Also, I don't have any issues with halos or blurry vision at night.

Well, I don't mind glasses, as my eyes are sensitive to light, so they're tinted
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!