CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Connection database problem

Hey guys im trying to connect my database to a c++ program. I tried out a tutorial regarding this issue and here are my codings...

Code:
          #include <stdio.h>
          #include <stdlib.h>
          #include <mysql/mysql.h>
          #include <string>
           #define host "localhost"
           #define username "root"
    #define password "password"
    #define database "movies"

MYSQL *conn;
          int main()

{

MYSQL_RES *res_set;
        MYSQL_ROW row;

conn = mysql_init(NULL);

if( conn == NULL )
        {
            printf("Failed to initate MySQL\n");
            return 1;
        }

if( ! mysql_real_connect(conn,host,username,password,database,0,NULL,0) )
        {
            printf( "Error connecting to database: %s\n", mysql_error(conn));
            return 1;
        }

unsigned int i;

mysql_query(conn,"SELECT * FROM movies_info");

res_set = mysql_store_result(conn);

unsigned int numrows = mysql_num_rows(res_set);
        unsigned int num_fields = mysql_num_fields(res_set);

while ((row = mysql_fetch_row(res_set)) != NULL)
        {

for(i = 0; i < num_fields; i++)
            {
                 printf("%s\t", row[i] ? row[i] : "NULL");
            }
            printf("\n");

}

mysql_close(conn);
        return 0;

}
    When i compile it, everything seems fine, but when i run it, error msgs like below appear.

Code:
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:37: undefined reference to `mysql_init'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:49: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:51: undefined reference to `mysql_error'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:58: undefined reference to `mysql_query'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:61: undefined reference to `mysql_store_result'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:66: undefined reference to `mysql_num_rows'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:67: undefined reference to `mysql_num_fields'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:72: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_row'
    /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:84: undefined reference to `mysql_close'
    all the errors have to do with the code MYSQL *conn;... the lines which the errors are in all have *conn in them. is it because the program is not reading the mysql libraries?
    Last edited by gregarion; February 9th, 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Re: Connection database problem

Please use code tags for your code !!! Also make sure it is properly indented!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarion View Post
    When i compile it, everything seems fine, but when i run it, error msgs like below appear.

/home/user/NetBeansProjects/Databasetest/newmain.cpp:37: undefined reference to `mysql_init'
    These are compiler errors, so what do you mean with your statement above? Please point out line 37 in your code!
    More computing sins are committed in the name of efficiency (without necessarily achieving it) than for any other single reason - including blind stupidity. --W.A.Wulf

Premature optimization is the root of all evil --Donald E. Knuth

Please read Information on posting before posting, especially the info on using [code] tags.

Sorry treuss, i edited it already. it seems that it is unable to read the libraries? it all starts off with this MYSQL *conn; ? i myself am not really sure what is causing the problem.

Problem solved