Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"

Unhappy Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"

sir the basically my program problem is that i want to Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control to Everyone User. so if you have idea about the " Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control". then give me idea. for Permission for HKEY_LOCAl_MACHINE,HKEY_CURRENT_USER,HKEY_USERS,HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT as Every user has Full Control to remove Registry Key and value. I have Developed my application in vc++. so please send me vc++ sample.

Thanks for reply. I am waiting ur positive Response.

Shashi

Re: Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"

for Permission for HKEY_LOCAl_MACHINE,HKEY_CURRENT_USER,HKEY_USERS,HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT as Every user has Full Control to remove Registry Key and value.
    I don't think you really want that. Is there a reason for removing the security from almost you entire registry ?

Unhappy Re: Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"

Quote Originally Posted by Skizmo View Post
    I don't think you really want that. Is there a reason for removing the security from almost you entire registry ?
    sir
    basically i am developing a application that has facility that if i pass any argument then it serach it Entire Registry and Remove the Key and Value related to this String. Suppose i have given The String is "Adobe" then it serach all the reggistry Recursively and remove the key and value related to this String means "Adobe". but the main problem is that it is doesnot removing HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID ,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes etc. file due to Full Control . so is there anyfacility available for Giving Full Control Permission. i have allready use KEY_ALL_ACCESS. so if u have any sample regading this isssue . please send me.
    Thanks .
    i am waiting ur quick response.
    Shashi

Re: Set the permision to Registry Key as a Full Control"

so is there anyfacility available for Giving Full Control Permission
    Windows is locking parts of the registry for a good reason Instead of trying to unlock the registry, run your program in admin mode so it has the right to change the registry.