Hi,

I have a class which derives from TextBox called EntryTextBox and provides a PreviewKeyDown event handler (although for the purposes of this question, it's not relevant).

I have produced a ControlTemplate within a style as follows:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type my:EntryTextBox}">
<Setter Property="Template">
<Setter.Value>
<ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type my:EntryTextBox}">
<DockPanel>
<Border BorderThickness="1" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" BorderBrush="DarkGray" Background="White" Width="100">
<DockPanel>
<Button DockPanel.Dock="Right" Visibility="{Binding Path=KeyboardPopup,Converter={StaticResource VisibilityConverter},RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}">
<ContentControl Width="15" Height="10" Template="{StaticResource KeyboardIconContent}"/>
</Button>
<ScrollViewer Margin="0" Background="Transparent" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" x:Name="PART_ContentHost"/>
</DockPanel>
</Border>
</DockPanel>
</ControlTemplate>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
</Style>

Which as you can see displays a Button as part of the TextEntry box depending on the value of KeyboardPopup. This works fine, but I want to be able to act on the button's click handler from within my EntryTextBox class but don't know how to do it.

I've read in "Pro WPF in C# 2008, Matthew MacDonald, P872" that you need to "give your elements recognisable names and attach event handlers to them programatically in the control constructor" but I am unsure of the syntax I should use in the class constructor of EntryTextBox.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Richard