Hi,

First of all please don't get upset of me because my questions is not 100% on the right forum. I tried everywhere but I got no answer. I only expect some hints, some new ideas to try, maybe I will have luck.

Ok, here is the deal. I've made a Win32 Application that is plotting some graph/plot. Things work nice and I was happy. I used this application to test the functions that are building up the plot. I want to use these function in my Photoshop plug-in (please read further... pleaseee). The plug-in is just a special dll. (Win32 Application and Plug-in are written in VS2008 - no MFC is used).

In the plug-in (or just call it dll) all the basic functions like Rectangle(....), MoveToEx(...), LineTo(...), TextOut(...) work just fine. The problem is with CreatePen(...), CreateSolidBrush(...) and I think also with CreateFont(..). When one of these functions are called, the Photoshop (I tried with 2 different versions on 2 different laptops) is going crazy: all graphical stuffs on the screen are mixed up, my Windows Taskbar is up, parts from the left screen are right, it is like a puzzle game with my screen - I cannot do anything, I have to switch of the PC (from the button). This doesn't happen when I ran the win32 application in parallel with Photoshop.

My guess is that these functions are accessing some resources that are already used by the main application (in this case Photoshop). Anyhow I'm going crazy, I'm losing days only trying to set a pen and a brush.

If you have an idea, it doesn't matter how good or crazy it is, please drop a line. I will appreciate every hint.

Thanks a lot,
Paulie