CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C++ Listbox problem

ok so say I have items 1-29 in my listbox. and I use sendmessage to send "1" using LB_SELECTSTRING

it will select 10 instead of 1.

does anyone know why it does that?

Also would it be possible to select the index instead?

I'm making a web IDE and stuff and I'm using the Listbox to keep track how how many lines are in a richtext box and what line you are currently on.

it works like its suppose to but if I go up to line one and there is 10 in the list box it will select 10 instead of one. and I checked it is send one to it not 10

*is really confused*

Re: C++ Listbox problem

It's hard to say without being able to see any code. Would you be able to provide the pertinent information?

Code:
      int rtf_listbox_get_line;
                                      rtf_listbox_get_line=SendMessage(rtfctl,EM_LINEFROMCHAR,negative,0)+1;
                                      stringstream lbsl;
                                      lbsl << rtf_listbox_get_line;
                                      SendMessage(Line_Count,LB_SELECTSTRING,0,(LPARAM&)lbsl.str()); 
                                      //cout << "Listbox Line:"<< lbsl.str()<<endl;
    That will select the number from the listbox indicating the current line you are on in the rich text box.

I use some other code for my rtf on key change and stuff that will add the line number to the listbox.

Is it because 10 has a 1 in it and when your at line one its select 10 because of 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Senith View Post
    Is it because 10 has a 1 in it and when your at line one its select 10 because of 1?
    You would get more help if you asked your question in the proper forum, i.e. the WinAPI forum.

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKenzie View Post
    You would get more help if you asked your question in the proper forum, i.e. the WinAPI forum.

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

O ok. I will tomorrow as I'm tired right now *yawns*. I didn't know I needed to post it in the API forum though.