CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Link configurations problem

Hi, I have this homework problem that I need some help on:

In 3D: Given 2 links attached end to end with lengths L0 and L1 respectively, a point P0 that the first link starts at, and a point P1 that you want the end of the 2nd link to be at, write a function that finds the configurations of the links that put the 2nd link’s end at point P1.

I feel like I'm missing something because I don' t know where to start with it. Any tips/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Link configurations problem

Has anyone seen a question like this before? I'm not sure what is asked of me when it says "find the configurations." Am I supposed to take the lengths and points as inputs, or am I supposed to find all generic possibilities??

Re: Link configurations problem

Quote Originally Posted by bhp2000 View Post
    Hi, I have this homework problem that I need some help on:

In 3D: Given 2 links attached end to end with lengths L0 and L1 respectively, a point P0 that the first link starts at, and a point P1 that you want the end of the 2nd link to be at, write a function that finds the configurations of the links that put the 2nd link’s end at point P1.
    Can you first tell us what you're talking about? Terms such as "links", "points", "configurations", etc... What subject is this?

Secondly, what exactly does this have to do with Visual C++ programming?

Regards,

Paul McKenzie